Featured Virtual Packages
Get great results at a reasonable cost with virtual-only or virtual-first services.
Community-Centered Strategic Plan
Through virtual engagement, I will empower, train, and guide your staff to create a truly community-centered strategic plan.
- Detailed 3-5 year strategic plan with pillars that authentically respond to community aspirations and needs, evaluation metrics, and priorities for action..
- One-page strategic roadmap for clear, easy communication.
- Implementation activity guide to help all staff remain engaged with the plan.
- Meaningful data about your community that will continue to guide your decisions, such as from surveys, interviews, focus groups, and town halls.
Speaking and Training
Let's keep learning every day. I provide a variety of custom speaking, training, and education engagements to help people keep growing throughout their careers. Options include:
- Keynote addresses for conferences, consortia, and staff inservice days.
- Individual webinars for staff training or continuing education. View example webinar offerings.
- Multi-session, hands-on courses for deep, engaged learning that leads to meaningful change.
- Year-long leadership development cohorts for individual organizations, consortia, states, and library associations.
Community Needs Assessment
What does your community need from the library right now? What will your library's "new normal" look like after COVID? How can we move from a mindset of survival to one of expansive possibility? If you want to make community-centered, responsive decisions today - without waiting for a full strategic plan, or in the middle of your planning cycle - this package will get you moving quickly. I will lead your team in envisioning and beginning to create your library's future by engaging in an equity-based design thinking process.
- Discovery and documentation of key community aspirations and needs.
- A set of tested prototypes for new or updated library services and programs.
- Staff understanding of how to employ design thinking techniques for ongoing agility and responsiveness.
Community-Led Capacity Building (CoLaB) Assessment and Action Plan
How can you create programs, services, spaces, and strategies that truly matter to your diverse community? Using the research-based Community-Led Capacity Building (CoLaB) model developed by Co/Lab founder Dr. Barbakoff, we will examine how your library can increase its ability to deeply engage with community and co-design responsive services.
- Assessment of your library's community-led planning capacity across 12 dimensions.
- Customized action plan to improve and grow your community engagement.
- Training for staff and/or leadership to foster ongoing understanding and engagement with the action plan.
Executive Coaching Starter Package
Engage in a safe, unbiased, and open conversations to improve your leadership and management skills and achieve your goals.
- Initial 90-minute consultation
- Three 60-minute follow-up sessions
- Tools, research, and other supports you can continue to use to support ongoing growth.
Sign up to find out when new packages are featured - plus inspiring stories, news, and interviews with community at the core.